Mike Weatherley regularly meets with officials from around the world to discuss his recommendations. Since 2015, Mike Weatherley has met with U.S. Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator, Danny Marti; the U.S. Patents and Copyright offices; U.S. Creative Rights Caucus Co-Chairs, Congresswoman Judy Chu and office of Congressman Doug Collins; the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore; and Hong Kong’s Intellectual Property Department, Ministry of IP Japan; UK and US IP Attaches; and of course continues to meet with UK Government officials.
Click on the below links to read.
February 2015: TS Review: ‘Mr Rights’ (Pages 36 – 39)
July 2015: Guest blog for Screen Daily
September 2015: ‘The case for harmonising online and offline penalties for copyright infringement’ for Intellectual property magazine
October 2015: ‘The Future direction of UK IP Legislation’ for World Trademark Review
December 2016: ‘Follow the Money’ report, written for the British Prime Minister in 2014, referenced in Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator, Executive Office of the President, Daniel Marti’s 2016 USA Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement
February 2017: 2 profiles in international CIMA Accounting Magazine ‘FM’
Other news and press:
- Awarded ‘Hero Award’ from the British Chamber of Commerce in June 2015 ‘ Former MP receives International acclaim for IP work’
- Brighton & Hove News – MP speaks about making a difference in Commons valedictory debate
- Conservative Home – Mike Weatherley : How to protect intellectual property – my final report
- Public Bill Committee – Intellectual Property Bill
- Intellectual Property Magazine, March 2, 2016 – First-ever IP to PM, Mike Weatherley is fames for raising the profile of IP rights in the UK
To read Mike’s reports see the reports page.